Summer can be a great time to accomplish lots of extra housekeeping chores. Yardwork, cleaning out closets, and redecorating are just a few of larger household chores your family may have this summer. Hopefully, your children already have some age appropriate chores that they are expected to do around the house. Summertime is great time for them to learn even more about the things parents do to keep a household up and running!
In addition to their regular chores, help them come up with some activities they can help with, or even do independently, to help out around the house this summer. For even more incentive, come up with some family friendly rewards when it’s all over.
- Sit down as a family and come up with some creative chores. Your children may even find some fun things to do around the house like helping cook meals or planting new flowers in the yard.
- Next, find one large empty jar. Let your children get going with some arts and crafts and decorate the jar. Find stickers, markers, or ribbon and let them make it their own!
- Last, use some colorful scraps of paper to write down each new chore. Fold them up neatly and put them in the jar.
- Choose one day a week that they take out a scrap of paper. That day will be their new creative chore day!
- Once the jar is empty, reward your whole family for a job well done!